DOCSIS®/Euro-DOCSIS™ 3.0 Cable Modem SoC
Broadcom's BCM3382 DOCSIS®/Euro-DOCSIS™ 3.0-based cable modem solution features advanced power management functionality and the second generation of integrated tuners for an improved RF performance, enabling manufacturers to develop high performance DOCSIS 3.0 products for data and voice applications in a cost effective design.
DOCSIS 3.0 products allow cable service providers to manage faster line speeds to deliver high-speed data, voice and IP video services. New services supported by the increase in bandwidth include IPTV, secure virtual private networks (VPNs) for telecommuters, full-featured IP telephony, video conferencing, local web hosting, and peer-to-peer networking applications such as music downloading and file sharing.
- Bonding support for up to eight simultaneous DOCSIS channels delivering twice the speed of other DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at a lower system cost while extending the useable life of cable modems
- A second generation integrated wideband tuner, with an extended bandwidth of 96MHz
- IP video hardware support that allows cable providers to deploy low cost IP video to PCs and IP set-top boxes (IP STBs) without costly changes to the existing infrastructure
- A powerful processing architecture that enables line speed data rates and the ability to maximize the total system performance of a DOCSIS or EuroDOCSIS 3.0 system
- Integrated dynamic power management controllers to provide an efficient power management system capable of managing and shutting down unused system components in real-time
- An integrated voice subsystem that includes an audio processing module, high voltage generator and battery management unit that enables a low bill-of-materials (BOM) cost for embedded multimedia terminal adapter (eMTA) applications